GETTING THE MOST OUT OF YOUR WILLOW + MAPLE CANDLE
- Our candles aim to fill a medium-sized room with its scent after a few hours of burning to allow the heat to penetrate the wax and release the amazing scents we’ve created for each one.
- Soy wax does not burn as hot as paraffin wax, so soy wax candles require a thicker wick, which does not burn 100% and needs to be trimmed regularly.
- Aim to trim your wick to about 1/4″/6-8mm before you re-light your candle each time. This will ensure a long-lasting candle, minimise soot, and remove any mushrooming of carbon at the end of the wick.
- Never leave a candle unattended and keep them away from children and pets.
- Remember, your candle has a naked flame so the glass jar may get hot from time to time, so ensure it’s placed on a hard surface that won’t be damaged by the heat or use a heat resistant candle holder.
- Extinguish your candle by dipping the wick into the melted wax and straighten. This will stop the wick smoking and will help with re-lighting the next time. Please remember the candles are hand-poured, not massed produced- and although every effort is made to ensure consistency, every candle will be a little different. When using completely natural soy wax, sometimes you may notice darker patches or “wet” spots in your container candles. This is not a fault, simply a small blemish where the wax has not adhered to the glass 100%. The top of your candle may also appear slightly uneven, this is also a sign of natural soy wax being hand-poured.
- Always make sure your candle is placed away from things that can catch fire.