- When your candle isn’t in use, store in a cool dry place and make sure to cover it with the lid to protect the quality of the wax from dust, which can dull its scent and cause problems during burning.
- Condensation on the surface of a candle is a sign it has not been stored correctly or has been stored for too long. Make sure to wipe this away with a paper towel before lighting.
- Storing candles for too long can affect the scent, so use your candle in a reasonable time to make the most of its beautiful fragrance.
GETTING THE MOST OUT OF YOUR WILLOW + MAPLE CANDLE
- Our candles aim to fill a medium-sized room with its scent after a few hours of burning to allow the heat to penetrate the wax and release the amazing scents we’ve created for each one.
- Soy wax does not burn as hot as paraffin wax, so soy wax candles require a thicker wick, which does not burn 100% and needs to be trimmed regularly.
- Aim to trim your wick to about 1/4″ before you re-light your candle each time. This will ensure a long-lasting candle, minimise soot, and remove any mushrooming of carbon at the end of the wick.
- Never leave a candle unattended and keep them away from children and pets.
- Remember, your candle has a naked flame so the glass jar may get hot from time to time, so ensure it’s placed on a hard surface that won’t be damaged by the heat or use a heat resistant candle holder.
- Extinguish your candle by dipping the wick into the melted wax and straighten. This will stop the wick smoking and will help with re-lighting the next time.